The International Ocular Inflammation Society (IOIS) is an independent scientific society, interested in the study of ocular inflammatory diseases.
The major purposes of the society are:
· To diffuse knowledge and to stimulate research on ocular inflammatory and immune processes.
· To foster studies on the basic mechanisms and pathogenesis of ocular immunology and inflammation.
· To prepare "Guidelines" on the medical management and surgical approaches to the treatment of ocular inflammatory diseases.
· To initiate and support International cooperation by fostering multi-centre studies on the major medical problems of the Ocular Inflammation.
To achieve these purposes, IOIS sponsors the following activities:
· An International Symposium held once every two years.
· Co-sponsorship of activities and meetings with other International and National Societies.
· Educational and Scientific Committees responsible for long range planning.
· Guidelines and didactical material to promote the clinical knowledge on Ocular Inflammation.
· Courses and debates on issues associated wit ocular inflammatory diseases.
· Continuous Medical Education Program on Ocular Immunology and Inflammation diseases.